Tradition, culture, and events in the Gasteinertal region
Customs that are alive through to international sports events
The range of recreational and sports options available in the Gasteinertal region is so diverse and so too is the wealth of events on offer. There is something for everyone’s taste, from events to do with local traditions through to spectacular sports and cultural events.
Whilst on a health holiday in Austria, experience some culture too. The Gasteinertal region offers an extensive programme of events both in summer and for those on skiing holidays in winter in Gastein.
Gastein events in winter
Exciting sports events such as for example the FIS Snowboard World Cup in January, ice climbing, or the “Snow Jazz Gastein” jazz concert in the snow in March. Over the course of winter, as part of the Art on Snow event in Gastein, works of art are created both on the ski pistes and also in the resorts.
The Gastein Museum is certainly worth a visit. Don’t forget to take a look at the current exhibition, and find out more about the history of Gastein. Or visit the oldest building in Gastein, the Burg Klammstein castle at the entrance to the Gastein Valley.
Culture and events in Gastein in summer
It is not only the weekly summer active programme run by the Tourists Office that attracts visitors to the Gasteinertal region, but also numerous other events. Thanks to its interesting history, the Gasteinertal region has a wide range of cultural attractions, like for example the Gastein Museum
Cultural highlights in Gastein
- Historical tours in Gastein
- Burg Klammstein – The oldest building in Gastein
- Durzbauer Distillery with all there is to know about this magic medicine!
- Altböckstein Museum in Gasteinertal
- Schaukraftwerk Museum (power station) in Sportgastein
- Schauhöhle "Entrische Kirche" (cave)
- Knappenwelt Angertal – Goldmining in Salzburger Land
- Mill tour in Bad Hofgastein
- Art & culture Festival Summer.frische.kunst
- Cheesemaking – Learn about traditional cheese production methods
- Bread baking at the Amoseralm in Gasteinertal
- And more besides