Activities for children in the summer holidays in Gastein valley
Archery hunting course, riding lessons or panning for gold - have a holiday full of fun in Gastein valley.
3D archery hunting course
A challenging archery hunting course with 14 3D-targets. For children aged 9 and above. Good footwear required.
- € 12.00/adult with Gastein Card
- € 9.00/child with Gastein Card (incl. hire fee and training)
Info & registration:
FEBS & GRIPS riding lessons
This sensitive teaching method enables children to learn to horse ride using their own senses, based on a special approach. The horse becomes a friend, protector, playmate and companion.
- € 17,00 in a group
- € 15,00 in a group with Gastein Card
- € 20,00 private lesson
- € 18,00 private lesson with Gastein Card
Registration and information: Ilona Hutter +43 664 12 18 783
Gastein riding club
Gastein riding club challenges and motivates every single rider on an individual basis in DRESSAGE and HORSE JUMPING and from beginners to ambitious competition riders.
Horse riding lessons only by prior arrangement by telephone.
Panning for gold
Experience a guided hike to the "Goldwaschhütte" at the Angerbach and together with your children practice as a real gold washer! An exciting experience - not just for your children!
- Meeting place: at 10.00 at the ski centre car park in Bad Hofgastein
- Costs: € 7,00 per person - € 5,00 per person with Gastein card
- Duration: from 10.30 until 13.00
Zip wire at the waterfall in Bad Gastein
There has been a zip wire known as ‘Flying Waters’ in Bad Gastein since summer 2015, covering approx. 270 m in length. The spectacular route runs from the Villa Solitude over the valley floor of the Gastein waterfall and the old power station to the Quellpark (springwater park). At the highest point, the distance above the Gasteiner Ache river is approx. 68 m and speeds of up to 50 km/h are reached. The site is designed for both summer and winter operation.
- € 19,50 per adult
- € 18,50 per adult with Gastein card
- € 15,- per child up to 12 years
- € 14,- per child up to 12 years with Gastein card
Mountain karts and monster roller
Fancy some fun and speed?
Then hop on board the Schlossalmbahn railway and book a mountain kart or mountain roller tour! The equipment is easy to handle and a tour guarantees fun for all the ages! We recommend slowing down from time to time, taking a look over your shoulder and savouring the unbelievable views across the Gastein peaks.
- Equipment: protective equipment provided
- Meeting place: Sport Fleiss mountain shop at the Schlossalmbahn mountain station
- Minimum age: 10 years
- Max. number of participants: 26 persons
Schlossalm: climbing with all the family
A climbing offer to suit all requirements. There are 6 fixed ropes courses covering all difficulty levels on the Schlossalm. Everything is available here, from beginner to expert courses. Climbing fans can really let off steam in the climbing garden or improve their footwork on the secure footing course. The entire climbing offer is situated close to the Kleine Scharte mountain station. The learning trail provides important tips for tackling a fixed ropes course.
Slackline park & highline
Put your own limits to the test at over 2000 m altitude – at the slackline park at "Kleine Scharte/Schlossal" mountain station. Slacklining is probably the number one trendy sport of the moment and we have the highest altitude slackline park for far and wide. A fantastic course for children and adults has been created at an altitude of 2,050 m. Slacklining is a bit like tightrope walking and requires a mix of concentration, coordination and balance. The line is secured between two fixed points and then it’s time to set off! The 8 m high highline is a particular highlight! Open daily.
- Easy/Jungle Line
- Up Line
- Down Line
- Trick Line
- Jump & Surf Line
- Double Line
- Secured 8 m high Highline
A magnificent atmosphere and laughing children – the kids’ playground at 2,050 m altitude. The funicular and aerial cableway transport visitors up to the Schlossalm in comfort. An extensive area for children, complete with fun stations, can be found all around the mountain station:
- 15 m long slide
- Net swing
- Crawl tunnel
- Climbing tower
- Climbing net pyramid
- Guerilla slide
- 75m² bouncy cushion
The site at the Schlossalm is topped off with a slackline park for children and adults. This slackline park is the highest such park for far and wide (2,050 m altitude)!
While the kids let off steam, parents can relax on the sun terrace of the Kleine Scharte mountain restaurant.
Mystical rock creatures
A mountain which invites visitors to engage in a very special voyage of discovery! There are lots of surprising things to discover on the Schlossalm: animal rock creatures. Looking more closely, you will discover silhouettes hidden in nature – for example, the silhouette of a ram or cow. You can set your soul free at these idyllic spots in peace, let off steam with your children and simply relax. And once you feel well and truly free, you will suddenly see them: the legendary rock creatures.
Bad Hofgastein mini-golf course
The mini-golf course in Bad Hofgastein is very well-maintained and offers fun and variety for all the family. The site offers 18 mini-golf trails which run past attractively designed motifs and offer plenty of shade for an enjoyable round of golf with their many trees. There is also a wooden bowling alley available and drinks and ice-cream are served in the pretty wooden hut on the mini-golf site.
Open daily from 10.00 to 22.00.
Alfred Silbergasser (family programme)
- Make a bull-roarer (learn about how native people communicate) - duration: approx. 3 hours
- Burning embers (the art of woodworking/become an artist using wood and embers) - duration: approx. 3 hours
- Baking bread on a stick over the campfire - duration: approx. 3 hours
In the open nature
- Study for a degree in natural dam building with your children and receive a degree certificate! Build a dam using stones, wood and natural materials and experience the power of water. Duration: approx. 3-4 hours
- Out on the Dorfgastein nature trail – experience the knowledge of nature (exploring tracks, sundial, herbology). Duration: approx. 3 hours