Wellness hotel with saunas in the Salzburger Land
Sauna and steam bath in many varieties
A sauna complex is one of the highlights at any wellness hotel. Different versions of healthy saunas, from the classic Finnish sauna to a laconium await you during your wellness holiday in Gastein.
Saunas & steam baths
The saunas on offer at Alpenhaus Gasteinertal will impress regular sauna-goers and those who’d like to become regulars:
- Finnish sauna (85 – 95°C)
- Bio herbal sauna (50 – 60°C)
- Aroma sauna with light therapy (45 – 60°C)
- Rose quartz and aroma steam bath
- Brine grotto
- Laconium – the dry sweating room
Our sauna staff supervise the saunas regularly and indulge you with special infusions tailored to the seasons.
You should not eat any heavy meals before going in the sauna but partake of light refreshments. A fresh salad or a bit of fruit are ideal before going in the sauna and in between. You can of course get bathrobes, slippers and towels for the sauna area from us at the wellness hotel.
Cooling down & chilling out
A visit to the sauna is not complete without the cooling down afterwards. You should also give your body time to rest for the same amount of time you spend in the sauna. The following facilities are available to you in your wellness hotel’s sauna area:
- Kneipp foot basins
- Different mood showers
- Quiet room with heated water beds and benches to relax
- Fresh air area with barefoot path
- Energy bar with range of teas and healthy snacks (fruit, nuts, etc.)
Do not plunge into cold water straight after leaving the sauna but give your body a bit of time. Spending a few minutes walking in the fresh air lets you top up your oxygen levels and cool down your airways.
Why bother with saunas: they are relaxing and boost health
There are lots of good reasons for going into a sauna. You can achieve the best effect if you expose yourself to high temperatures regularly. The sauna is proven to have a positive effect in many ways:
- It strengthens the immune system
- Prevents colds
- Gets the heart and circulation working
- Gives a more even complexion
- Stimulates circulation
- Expands the airways
- Boosts metabolism and detoxification
… which are all good reasons to use the sauna complex at Alpenhaus Gasteinertal extensively.
Sauna and chill-out area opening hours
- In summer: 3.00 to 8.00 p.m.
- In winter: 12 noon to 8.00 p.m.
Look forward to hours of relaxation in your wellness hotel’s spa and sauna area, which prepare you for your other ventures in Gastein. Browse through our packages or send us a no-obligation enquiry to find the ideal holiday offer for you!